Fine Lines and Wrinkles
If you feel uncomfortable in your skin due to fine lines and wrinkles, many treatment options can help reduce them. The correct treatment can help you achieve smoother, more elastic skin to feel confident in the way you look.
What Are Fine Lines and Wrinkles?
Fine lines and wrinkles can appear anywhere on the face. They’re a natural part of aging, regardless of your skin type or tone. Most people will notice these creases in different areas of their skin, including:
- Forehead lines and creases
- “11” frown lines between the eyes
- Laugh or smile lines around the mouth
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
Fine lines often appear as shallow surface lines in these areas, where the skin stretches due to muscle contractions. Over time, these creases deepen and become wrinkles.
What Causes Wrinkles and Fine Lines?
As your skin loses elasticity and collagen, it becomes less firm, which leads to lines and wrinkles. Facial expressions, like smiling and frowning, also contribute to them as they create creases in your skin. UV rays and free radicals from pollution damage skin, too. These environmental factors can also impact your skin’s collagen and elastin production.
However, you can take steps to keep your skin healthy by using the right skincare products for your skin type, including sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. You can also reduce the appearance of wrinkles with certain treatments.
Fine Lines and Wrinkles Treatment
Although you can prevent some fine lines and wrinkles with a proper skincare routine, you likely can’t stay wrinkle-free forever. If your wrinkles bother you, many treatments are available, including:
- Dermal fillers: This minimally invasive treatment uses substances safe for injection into the skin to create plumpness and encourage your skin to make more collagen on its own.
- Microneedling: With microneedling, tiny needles prick your skin to trigger the healing process, so the skin will repair itself. It aids in the reduction of mild to moderate scarring, acne scars, large pores, fine lines, mild pigmentation and overall skin texture.
- Facial injections: Botox or Xeomin injections stop your facial muscles from contracting to reduce existing fine lines and wrinkles and prevent more from forming. They’re used to reduce the “11” frown lines between the eyes, creases in the forehead, and crow’s feet around the eyes.
The correct treatment depends on the individual, and at The Vein Institute of Hunterdon, our providers work with you to determine how to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines based on your needs. Contact us today to talk about the best treatment for you.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Give us a call at
or schedule a free consultation to learn more!